To Download the Sherborne Lake Application Form Click on our PRICING Link.
The Country Fair and Classic Car & Supercar Events are Cancelled. Anglers can now Fish on these Days. (09/05/21)
FISHING ON LAWNS AND NORTH SIDE PEGS 42 - 74 (04/05/21)
We have now kindly been given permission from Sherborne Castle Estate to resume fishing on the lawns and the North side pegs 42 - 74. Fishing in the “Shallows” will now be from the 15th November to the 14th March.
The only parking area available to anglers within the Castle Grounds is the “End of Woods” parking area by the cattle grid for fishing pegs 1 - 41. Anglers wishing to fish the “Lawns” and Pegs 42 - 74 have two options.
Opt 1 - Park by cattle grid at the “End of Woods” and walk over. The Iron Gates that give access to these fishing areas will be unlocked by 9:00am and will be locked at 5.00pm.
Opt 2 - Park in the New Visitors Car Park on the left as you enter Sherborne Castle Estate just after the lodge. Open 10:00am, Closed 5:00pm. OK for a short session. The Visitors car park is open from now to the 14th November, however it is closed on the following days - Monday 10/17/24 May, 7/14/21/28 June, 6/13/20/27 Sept, 4/11/18 Oct, 1/8 November and will be closed from 15th November to 31st March.
Strictly No Parking in Front of the Castle or any where else in the Castle Grounds
LAKE Entry and Exit Times
Fri 19th Mar to Thur 1st Apr Entry - 6.30 am Exit - 19.00 pm
Fri 2nd Apr to Thur 15th Apr Entry - 6.00 am Exit - 20.30 pm
Fri 16th Apr to Thur 19th Aug Entry - 6.00 am Exit - 21.00 pm
Your gate card will need to be used at all times. Please to not enter before these times and ensure you have left the grounds by the exit time or dark , whichever is soonest. This is all subject to no further lockdowns or restrictions due to Covid19. These times are subject to change so check our website prior to fishing.
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE 07/01/21
The Government have responded to the Angling Trust and have agree that fishing will be permitted and can continue during this third national lockdown. Please adhere to the Covid Rules further down this page and Please ensure the following. Stay local if you fish our waters, Social distancing (min 2 meters) at all times and no groups of people.
For further information, cut and paste this link into your browser. https://anglingtrust.net/covid-19/
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE 04/10/20
From the 1st November, anglers will also be able to fish the “Shallows”, “Lawns” and pegs 42 to 73. The gate to the Shallows etc will not be unlocked until 8:30am.
Social Distancing must be adhered to at all times.
Our Covid19 rules 1 & 2 no longer apply but still keep your licence handy just in case it needs to be produced.
In addition from the 1st October our Coronavirus Rule 6 (No walking around, you must stay on the peg you choose) will no longer apply. This is to allow pike anglers, especially those who lure fish to enjoy their sport. However it is important to respect others fishing and to social distance at all times. Wandering around the lake if not fishing is not allowed.
All other Coronavirus rules remain in force.
The Committee thank all our members for their patience and understanding.
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE 28/05/20
Good News at Long Last for our Sherborne Lake Members.
As from Thursday 4th June Sherborne Lake will be open to anglers for fishing.
Please ensure you read and full understand the Rules below prior to fishing Sherborne Lake as it is important for the safety and well-being of all our members and Sherborne Castle Estate Staff.
1. Anglers must stop and show their licence (Green Club Booklet) at the ticket office prior to entering the Castle Grounds and also display the sticker in their windscreen. If you fail to show your licence (Green Booklet) you will be refused entry.
2. The opening times for Anglers is 10:00am to 5:00pm. This means all anglers must have left the castle grounds before 5:00pm as the gates will be locked.
3. Fishing only permitted on the South (Platform) Side Pegs 1 to 41. All other areas strictly out of bounds.
4. No Guest Tickets will be sold.
5. No Non Fishing Guests.
6. No walking around. You must stay on the peg you choose to fish.
7. Keepnets can be used (for fish under 2lb) and we advise that all fish over 2lb to be returned to the water immediately and all fish in spawn must be returned immediately (rule 19).
8. Anglers must adhere to the social distancing rules unless from the same household.
9. For the safety of all anglers, if an angler breaks the social distancing rules laid down by the government they will forfeit their membership.
10. Cars to be parked in accordance with our rules but leave a good space between vehicles.
For the safety of all, if you have Coronavirus or Symptoms of Coronavirus, Please Stay at Home. Fishing at Sherborne Lake or other fishing venues is not a place where you can isolate.
Sherborne Castle Estate have now adopted the Track and Trace System in accordance with Government guidelines and are now noting your fishing licence number upon entry.